Something Red Artists – Good news! All submitted entries to Something Red 2013 were accepted into the show. Locations of artist’s work can be found HERE.
This year is the 11th Anniversary of the Something Red Annual Artwalk and Exhibit. The success of past years continues as Something Red highlights the holiday season for Salem visitors and residents. The event brings vitality, ambiance and a sense of arts-in-community to downtown Salem. Participating artists benefit from sales and contacts as artwork is on display to the public during the holiday month of December. This year the event is scheduled for December 4th through December 31st.
- November 23 – Saturday 10 a.m. to 6 pm Intake
- The Salem Arts Building, Mezzanine
- December 2 – Artwork delivered to merchants and hung for display
- December 3 – Post locations of artwork on Something Red website
- December 4 – First Wed Artwalk – from 5 – 7 pm. Meet the artists at the participating businesses.
- Award Reception 7 pm– The Salem Arts Building, Mezzanine, 155 Liberty St NE, Salem
- December 28 - 31 – Artists pick up paintings or sales monies from businesses.
Please check this website frequently for updates.
This event is hosted by the nonprofit Artists in Action (AiA), a group of diverse, dedicated artists and artisans working to create stronger ties with each other and with the communities of the Salem area. Members share their achievements, ideas, inspirations, and opportunities for artists to develop, show and/or sell their work. Members participate in a variety of activities to ensure that their work becomes a visible part of life in the community.
Questions or comments? Please contact the 2013 Something Red Committee Chair, Becki Trachsel-Hesedahl, at 503-510-0358 or e-mail, firstname.lastname@example.org